Here are a few things I’ve been reading ’round the Internets lately. Just stuff I’ve found interesting, engaging, or funny in the past week or so. I pass them along to you for your enjoyment and edification.
- Can A Hipster Love Sports? What a great question – can one be snobby about microbrews and love a good football game?
- My friend JR reflects on contracting H1N1 (swine flu) and the subsequent quarantine (not kidding).
- My friend Tim wrote a great post on balancing work and family life when you work for yourself.
- Scot McKnight recognizes the greatness of the Aeropress (the best inexpensive coffee maker in the world)!
- Scot also has some great questions about the apparent intellectual shallowness of a lot of campus ministry.
- Seth recommends you just make a decision. Sometimes any decision is better than none.
- Tim Keller takes on idols in his new book (including less well-known idols like doctrinal accuracy and family values!)
- Make me chuckle: Interview Cheat Code
- Jim Belcher wrote a really great article on forgiveness in the local church.
- Finally: Bach smoked pipes and wrote poems about how it brought him closer to God. So there.
- Actually finally: speaking of tobacco, I am heading to a “church planter round table” thing this week in New York City at a church that does things like “prayer and cigars at 181 St Overlook.” Should be a good time.
Leave a Reply