Hi! I’m Ben (and that’s my wife Deb)
I’ve been writing since 2005 on ministry, discipleship, mission, and leadership, mainly because I’ve been learning a lot, and writing helps me process. I use this space to just throw out ideas without any concern as to whether they’re good or not.
These days I spend most of my time on three different projects:
- The Table – an Anglican church Deb and I are planting in Indianapolis with our friends Matt and Sharon Tebbe.
- Gravity Leadership – a group I cofounded that trains leaders in living on mission, leading like Jesus, and making disciples.
- Lifesize Digital – a content marketing outfit I run with Deb. We do copywriting and marketing and stuff for small businesses, churches, and nonprofits.
More About Me
My wife Deb and I live in Fishers, Indiana (a suburb of Indianapolis), where we are planting a network of churches. We just sent our son off to college, and we’ve got three daughters living at home with us.
My journey in leadership began in high school when I led a punk rock band with my brother. I learned a lot about leadership, creating content, connecting with an audience, and marketing in those days!
Since then, I have been in Christian ministry of some kind or another for over 20 years. I have been a:
- Worship leader
- Church planter (one of the first in the US to use missional communities from the ground up)
- Web designer
- Business owner
- Content developer and coach with a worldwide discipleship organization
- Coach, consultant and trainer for a new kind of leadership consultation ministry I co-founded (Gravity Leadership).