The folks at Missional People have come up with a great list of 10 Missional Myths, meaning that all of the following statements (taken from their website) are false.
- Missional is a new trend that seminarians and pastors came up with in order to sell books.
- Missional means that you water down the gospel.
- Missional means that you wear jeans with holes in them and get a tattoo.
- Missional is a trendy word that basically means “evangelism”.
- Missional means that you don’t take people to Scripture.
- Missional is more about social justice and less about Jesus.
- Missional means you are edgy, young, and hip.
- Missional means that you are against mega-churches.
- Missional means that you go to pastor conferences and blog about them.
- Missional means that you avoid addressing man’s sin and God’s holiness.
If you’re using any of the above as an excuse not to explore missional faith, you’re missing it. A great place to start your exploration of the missional church would be to visit JR Woodward’s “A Primer on Today’s Missional Church.”
Leave a Reply