Hi! I’m Ben, and I help leaders create Jesus-shaped cultures.
I’ve been blogging for over 10 years on discipleship, mission, and leadership, and I think it’s mostly about learning to love. Really love people like Jesus did. If we can get that down, the rest will take care of itself.
These days I spend most of my time on two projects:
- The Table – a church Deb and I are planting in Indianapolis with our friends Matt and Sharon Tebbe.
- Gravity Leadership – a group that trains leaders in living on mission, leading like Jesus, and making disciples.
Join our community by signing up for my email list below.
What Others Are Saying…
“Ben has a prophetic instinct as a coach– he seems to know just what to hone in on in our sessions as we process the challenges and opportunities of church planting. This is not only helping me to grow as a follower of Jesus and a leader– it is showing me how simple it can be to make disciples who make disciples.”
– John Tracy, church planter, South Carolina
“I find my time in huddle with Ben enables me to be a stronger, more God centered leader. He helps me see where God is active in my life and how I can build upon what God is already doing in my life. I look forward to this time in my busy week!”
– Rev. Nicole Reilley, pastor, California
“The wisdom Ben imparts is so reproducible and helpful, it’s easy to share the discipleship tools with our families, friends and fellow church members.”
– Jeff Nelsen, Lead Pastor, Cherry Hills Baptist Church, Springfield, IL
More About Me
My wife Deb and I live in Fishers, Indiana (a suburb of Indy), where we are planting a network of churches. We just sent our son off to college, and we’ve got three daughters living at home with us.
My journey in leadership began in high school when I led a punk rock band with my brother. I learned a lot about leadership, creating content, connecting with an audience, and marketing in those days!
Since then, I have been in Christian ministry of some kind or another for over 20 years. I have been a:
- Worship leader
- Church planter (one of the first in the US to use missional communities from the ground up)
- Web designer
- Business owner
- Content developer and coach with a worldwide discipleship organization
- Coach, consultant and trainer for a new kind of leadership consultation ministry I co-founded (Gravity Leadership).
Want more content like this? Join our community!
Join the Gravity Leadership community to join thousands of other leaders like you who get our latest content and early access to new training opportunities. Lead like Jesus. Live on mission. Make disciples.